1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge trimmer recommendation...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mkwl, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a new hedge trimmer. I was looking into the Red Max CHT2200 hedge trimmer...does anyone have this model...likes or dislikes?

Thanks in advance,
  2. par69

par69 LawnSite Member

I use stihl but i also like little wonder. I moved out of the area for little wonders. I have a stihl trimmer that fits on the end of my weed eater. I also have a chain saw that fits too.
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the CHT2200. They are excellent!!! They have a very high blade speed and cut awesome. I had an Echo HC1500 before the Red Max and they don't come anywhere close. Go with the Red Max you won't be sorry. One side note- Be sure to grease the gear box every 8-10 hours of use. The Red Max gear box doesn't like running dry. I've seen several at the dealer that needed new gears and it's not cheap.
  4. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

I have the cthz2400 wth the 24" bar and they are amazing. I love doing hegding timming becuase they are so productive. LawnInOrder
  5. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

stihl for sure I bought my first one 8 years ago its still working,I have since then bought 3 more all grreeaattt!!!,I also have a small Tanaka it's ok for light work but she's not a stihl
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Little wonder hedge cutters feature redmax engines on them. The redmax hedge cutters have an amazingly fast gear box speed and they leave a nice cut. They are a bit more pricey though.
  7. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

Recently bought a Stihl HS 81 with a swivel handle. It's great.
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Stihl HS80 with swivel handle. It is the only gas powered unit I've owned. But, I am constantly using the swivel handle feature and believe I would not be happy with a machine without this feature.

Maybe some other manufacturers include a swivel handle too, I don't know.
  9. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I also have the Stihl HS 81 :) These are truly a sweet set of hedge trimmers :cool2: Great design and weight.
  10. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

any recommendations on an articulating hedge trimmer? not sure if i like standing in bushes too much to do the higher ones. can't do the 8 foot ones either.