1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge trimmer Stihl or Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jomeokee, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jomeokee

jomeokee LawnSite Member

I have used a Stihl HS60 for years. This machine is in a class by itself IMO. Sadly that machine hasn't been built in quite a while.

Which machine is the best bang for the buck? I own both brands in saws so I am not adverse to the same in a hedge trimmer either.

2. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I use only Husky for the saws. For regular hedge trimmers, no one beats Tanaka. All other handheld equip and blowers are Shindaiwa.
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

TRY to keep all your Equipment the same. and only deal with one vendor.

in the long run it will pay off
  4. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

New Husky hedge trimmers are Redmax. Stihl HS81 is very light but very expensive. I think you get just as good quality if not better and cheaper with Maruyama, Kawasaki is even cheaper on ebay. Get the 600D or 750D.
  5. frameslawn

frameslawn LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I own a set of the following Stihl Hedgetrimmers HS45, HS81R, and HS86T. They have all been good peices of equipment and I would recommend them. I believe Stihl is ahead of the curve as far as handheld power equipment is concerned.