Hedge Trimmer (which one to buy)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Samjuan725, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Samjuan725

Samjuan725 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a new gas hedge trimmer and was looking at brands like husqavarna and echo. What is the best trimmer for the price. If anyone has a specific trimmer that has been well worth the price please tell me.

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a STIHL HS-80. I LOVE it!!! :p I'd like to get stick hedge trimmers though. I like them becasue of the shaft length for extended reach a LOT!

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

Here it is- I got it from the guy across the street (man, God knows how many times ive said that on this site LOL :eek: ) for $30!!! :D I REALLY love the 180* rotating handle a bunch! It took a can of carb dleaner to get all the grease and soot from the exaust port and all the sap off of the bar, but I swear it looks like it just came off the shelf!

stihl_trimmer_3.jpg

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

$30!!!!:blob3:

Man, I'm jealous of that deal. That was quite a steal you got. I'll buy that off you for $35 :eek:

I am using the HS 45, as we don't do too many hours on bushes, and the lightweight is a little easier to handle.

5. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

I've also got the HS85, a great unit, but I paid about $350 more than you. Why'd your neighbor get rid of it so cheap?? Is he selling anything else??

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

hes constantly selling stuff. power washers, walk behind snow blowers, Redmax blowers, sthil hand tools, etc.

7. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

If he can consistently sell things like this so cheap, I'd watch out where he's getting them from.
    If he's legit, I think he'd be asking a bit more for what he's selling. Just something to watch out for, in case someone happens to be missing some tools, and sees you with them :angry:

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

dude, he gets them from work! He is the manager of a multimillionare maintenance appartment complex biz. He get all the stuff they dont want any longer and gets parts for next to nothing prices (they buy in bulk). Just cool it down, I know for a fact its legitamate. Ive been there.

9. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

Can you share some of those deals with me?

10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up the Tanaka 2401 (?) 6 months ago. Love it. Burns a bit a gas however. But the thing just keeps cuttin'.

I've used Husq. and Stihl. I'd repurchase a Tanaka hedger with out thinking.

Cordially,
    S.