1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscapeinc, Apr 5, 2000.

1. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

I need a few new sets of hedge trimmers this year. I have been using double sided. Anyone out thre used single sided 30&quot; models?<br>How do you like them?
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I use. Echo HC-2000. I wouldnt trade the single edge for anything. I can blast thru hedges at an amazing clip. Sometimes, though, I kinda wish for a lightweight trimmer since the 30 inch is kinda heavy and you cant swing it out in front of you, on a ladder, one-handed for long before the ol arm gets tired.<p>Maybe thats why I have forearms bigger than most peoples necks.<p>Bill
  3. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

I just got a Stihl 40&quot; single blade. Used it today worked great. The dealer said I would get tired only going one way but holding them both the single felt more balanced and lighter even though it was about 2lbs heavier.I think the engine/handle placement makes the single feel better. I only do a little trimming but had two first time customers and that 40&quot; Stihl cut my time in half compared to the piece of garbage Homelite double sided I used to use. Go for the 40&quot; instead of the 30&quot;. Weight is fractional and one time passes on hedges and not leaning over is worth it.