hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TandM, Feb 7, 2008.

?

which hedge trimmer

1. shindaiwa ah 231

14.5%
  2. stihl

43.5%
  3. echo

29.0%
  4. redmax

13.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Hey guys I am looking at geting a long reach hedge trimmer was looking ar shindis and stihl Opinions?

2. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

Shins........hands down :weightlifter:

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I voted Redmax before I read your post. If you want a long reach, go with Echo.

4. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I have the stihl with the extended pole. It is real heavy, but last I checked it was the only one with the extra pole. I can reach 16-20 feet while standing on the ground. Much safer than playing a ladder balancing act. Otherwise I like the shind heads for everything else.

5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

thanks guys I went to my dealer and loked at shinis and the guy told me 499.95 for a ah 231 with the long reach and articulating head

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When I bought my Echo SHC 210 a couple of yrs ago...I think it was around $100 less than the Shindaiwa. Its still fairly new but its been trouble free..

7. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

Worth Every Penny

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have bad experience with Echo HC151. The blade just don't cut well at all. I got it new, and has been like that since. I double check the adjustment and no improvement. The engine is strong, the blade is the problem. My little battery hand held craftsman chomped up the little branches better than the HC151.
    I am going to buy a Redmax soon.

9. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

I love my shin. Tears through almost anything I choose to try and plow through. And If I can't get through it with that, then that means I need to break out the chainsaw. Then go back to cleaning up the edges with the shin. Do wish I could reach 20 feet with it like the guy above. But that has to cut down on some power.

10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If I can't reach it with the Stihl Kombi and extension, it is an illegal height hedge here.