hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by grassman88, Jun 15, 2011.

1. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

im in the market for a new hedge trimmer anyone have any recomendations for one? and if you could say why you like it that would be mint thanks

2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I like my Stihl. It does not get used often and is about 6 years old. Always starts, good quality blades stay sharp, cuts good. All I could ask for.

3. grassman88

from mass

i dont do to much hegde trimming either, but want to start doing alot its nice work that could lead to more work. did a big job yesterday and wow you use alot of mucles you normally dont use lol sore as hell, plus i was using junk trimmers they were sharp but the pull cords were all messed up but they are 5-6 years old as well. i want something more reiliable and thinking stihl. anyone use echo are they any good there a little cheaper than the stihl so i might go with that just incase i dont get to many trimming jobs

4. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

I've only used redmax. Not sure how the price compares to echo but you might want to check it out. I don't use mine much either. Where in Mass are you? I lived in Mass for 5 Years.

5. johnny_boy02

johnny_boy02 LawnSite Member

Oh man, the first time I used mine for a few hours I hurt in places I didnt know I had!

I have this Echo model.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=HC-150&Category=HEDGECLIPPER

I am really happy with it. If you have the money go for the 24" or 30" model. There has been a couple times I wish I had a few more inches....... On my hedge trimmer.

6. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

My REDMAX has served me well for almost 20 yrs.

7. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

HS85 stihl if your wanting a light weight ,reliable, and cost efficient.
    HS85T 40" single sided if your wanting a Cadillac.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i normally only use stihl but i got a good deal on a kawasaki trimmer and have had no problems with it so far

9. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

Stihl... They is the only way to go.
    I have the HS 45 and the attachment that goes not a FC 95 edger or FC90 trimmer.
    They both work great and can be sharped if they ever get dull.

10. grassman88

from mass

i live in fitchburg but mainly work in the concord, sudbury, littleton area