hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckers, May 5, 2004.

1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

my hedge trimmer decided to not start today so i was going to buy a new one i was wondering what is a good one that is light but had enough power to it single sided or double???

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanaka used to make a great machine until they put a new emission engine on it. I prefer the shindawa now , but it is heavier. 30 in double sided is the only way to go.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Just got the Echo 150, and it's got pleeeeenty of power. Its got 2 moving blades, vs the stihl which only has one more blade. so cuts twice as well. and it was like $215 or something like that.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

jw did you look at STIHL Pro or Home Scaper? Because i was at my STIHL dealer and asked a couple of questions and was told and shown that the Pro has two(2) blades.But the home scaper & echos i have looked at have one(1) blade and just an anvil to move against.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Umm, my budget was under 300, so there was the one blade/and anvil stihl, but im very happy with the echo, plus it was alot less expensive too. it paid for itself twice in one day the other weekend.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ok now i understand. Well good luck with it

7. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I also use the echo 150. Good power and works well.