1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmers again.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HeavenSoldier, Jun 22, 2005.

1. HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier LawnSite Member

You probaly remember me from my last post. Well I've received information that for home use and personal hedge trimmers for home, I should try out of a Echo HC-150 or Stihl & Tanaka hedge trimmers? Which should I go with, nothing tooo expensive.

Or if you can think of another hedge trimmer, please let me know. God Bless. :D
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have and use the stihl hs45 and have had good luck with them, they are a little heavy is the onlything bad I can say about them. I havent used the other 2 brands mentioned, a good reputable dealer in your area might persuade me which brand to buy. If you dont have a stihl dealer in your area but do have an echo then you have to take that into consideration when you need parts and service which all models do eventually
  3. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I would go with the tanaka over the stihl, never used the Echo brand. The stihl gas tank is very small and does leave a very nice cut, the Tanaka has a bigger tank and will cut a larger diameter branch. My Tanaka ran for 4 years and blew up replaced it with the stihl because of dealer issues.
  4. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

i have a pair of stihls they are the best out there i believe. they are well worht the money. tanaka is a "cheap kids toy" my dealer told me thats why he doesnt carry it
  5. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a pair of Echo 150's. Knocked out 230+ bushes and cleaned up in a day. I thought they worked great.
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Both mentioned are in the $300 price range.

What's considered expensive?
  7. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I got my HC 150's for $260 a piece
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yes, then add tax...........close to 3 bills...........or close enough.............. :cool:
  9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive