1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmers for keeping Ficus edges in South Florida under control.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mdelgado44, Jan 6, 2011.

1. mdelgado44

mdelgado44 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. I'm looking to purchase a hedge trimmer for my property. It's just under 20k sq. ft. with Ficus planted all around the perimeter.

I think I've found the trimmer I want (Echo HCA-265), but I wanted to hear from the professionals what experience they have with this model in terms of speed, comfort, keeping the TOP of the Hedge trimmed at 7-8ft hight.

Any input is appreciated.

Many Thanks.
  2. mdelgado44

mdelgado44 LawnSite Member

Anyone? Could use some guidance please.
  3. thewall

thewall LawnSite Member

Those type of hedgetrimmers are very good in small doses use one of them for a long time and your arms will be dropping off,i always use a single sided hedgetrimmer with a cutting deflector on,i have been doing this for to many years(35) and find this is the best option.
  4. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at the stihl hs45 I have these with tht 24" blades and find myself using them more than my single sided trimmers just because they are soo much lighter and they are only $299.99 not a huge investment for a home owner.