hedge trimmers-light ones!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mbwent, Jun 7, 2001.

1. mbwent

mbwent LawnSite Member

Anyone know of some super light hedge trimmers fit for a female? I am stronger than most females, but lord, do trimmers get heavy. Within an hour, my arms are feeling the pain! Anything out there you guys can recommend?

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

the Echo HCR-1500 ...is about 10.5 lbs ;->

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure who makes them, but I saw an article in one of the trade mags about Battery powered hedge trimmers. Don't laugh. These were made strickly for commercial personnel and came with a waist belt that held the battery that was supposed to last for an hour or so I believe. Can't remember the name or where to get them though.

4. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I like my Stihl homeowner ones. They are lighter than the big Stihls and do a good job. I think it has like a 22 inch blade.

5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

mb,

If you want light then Id suggest going electric. Only problem is tossing that 400 lb generator in the truck then or finding an outlet at each clients home.

CMerLand

6. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

We use the echo pole hedger. I can't recall the model# at this time. I want to say HCA 2400. They seem to be less fatiging(sp?). Anyways us guys get a little tired after waving one around for a hour to. Take a break!

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I second steve's nomination. can you tell us some more about your arms?:angel:

GEO