1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmers--need some steering advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Alright guys, next purchase will be a set of hedge trimmers. I have an Echo/Redmax dealer and a Stihl dealer in the area. I definitely want an extended reach or stick trimmer, not the handheld. I have a lot of fairly tall shrubs in a few of the yards that I do. I've looked at Echo's articulating head, and I like it a lot. I just realized that Stihl has this feature too. I'm kind of partial to Stihl's but I wanted to see if anyone has any first-hand experience with any of the brands I mentioned.
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the echos dont cut as well as the others. get shindawia if you can. redmax next-then sthil. the sthil cut great but i have had plenty of engine problems .
  3. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Redmax Personally The Shindaiwas Are Flimsy With The Articulating Head
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

when i get a set, i liked the little wonders my dealer had
  5. ASBK

ASBK LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have the Stihl with the pivoting head. Great unit, cant go wrong with a Stihl.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I also have the stihl. They have a newer model that just came out that i have.. You can adjust the blade 180 degrees. Basically folds the blade flat. Its the same price for the short pole... and the long..