Hedge Trimmers - Need your opinions?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by David W, Mar 19, 2007.

1. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at RedMax's line of hedge trimmers (CHTZ2400) mainly due to the fact that I use their other hand held equipment. I am curious to see what you guys use and like and how they compare to RedMax.

Give me some options and opinions, please.

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know much about Redmax, I use Echo simply b/c I have 3 dealers within a stones throw. If I need service or parts, they are very helpful.
    I have a HC-150 and a PAS-260 power head w/ the hedge trimmer attachment for the hard to reach jobs. I have had really good luck w/ both of them. The only thing I've added is a shoulder harness for the extended trimming, as it is very strenuous on my shoulders.

3. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

I've got Poulan/WeedEater 19". I don't like it much, the teeth are hard to sharpen, but it does have pretty good power. Never heard of RedMax, but consider Stihl products. I have Stihl blowers and trimmers and I love them!!

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i have redmax hedge trimmers dont know what model but they are great. had an older echo and i replaced them with the redmax and wow what a differance. i would recomend them to anyone.

5. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I have Echo. Not a problem in the 3 years Ive had them.

6. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Maruyama Hedge Trimmers Rock! A little on the expensive side, but well worth it to me.

7. Dollar Spot

Dollar Spot LawnSite Member

I have switched over to all ECHO except for my really big chainsaws which a Stihls. The hedge shears have worked great for me.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

redmax hedge trimmers are a mile better than echo. i highly recommend them -best $ can by when it comes to hedge trimmers

9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Like anything else people have different opinions about the BEST. We only run echo 2-strokes for us they have all been great, they're extremely easy to work on. As long as you buy commercial (no poulan or sears crap) you'll be fine.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

And they are pretty darn balanced and light,.