Hedge Trimmers on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andersonlawnscape, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I only buy brand new off ebay.. if something is wrong with it, it will take forever to get it corrected through the seller.

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I've bought hedge trimmers, trimmer trap racks, even a Skag wb & 16' trailer, all used, with good results. I buy all my blades (new) from ebay sellers. Watch the descriptions, the sellers' feedback and ask questions. If you don't feel comfortable with the answers, pass on the item. Just like buying a used car. Let the buyer beware.

Jim

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Last year i bought trimmer just like the one on Ebay at a pawn shop for 175.00. It was brand new.

5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

those trimmers are $245 at home depot brand new.

6. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

i have watched several pcs of equipment with intentions to bid. but my experiences have priced the stuff too high. either the bidding runs it up above what i could get it at local dealer on new stuff, or on used it goes up to within $100 of new at local dealer, (sometimes within $50-75). I'm more inclined to spend the extra $50-100, go to dealer and buy new so i know what i'm getting....just my experiences.

I just checked the bidding..it is at $170, plus shipping puts you at $185. Apalachin said HD has for $245, if so i can be out the door at HD for 262.15 . Personnally, I'd spend the additional $77 and know what you get.

btw..there is still over 24 hours left on this auction, the bidding will go up which will decrease the savings even further.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If you do any type of large trim jobs, I'd pass on them and get something bigger. We had a set of 1500's a few years ago, and they just didn't hold up well, plus the bar is way too short for larger jobs. They were best suited for smaller jobs and re shaping topiaries. With s&h, and final price on those, you can almost buy new...