Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FIVE-0LAWNS, Jun 13, 2006.

1. FIVE-0LAWNS

FIVE-0LAWNS LawnSite Member

I'M LOOKING TO GET A GOOD GAS POWERED HEDGE TRIMMER. WHAT DO YOU ALL RECOMMEND AND WHAT DID YOU PAY FOR IT. THANKS:drinkup: :drinkup:

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Use the search feature, you'll be overwhelmed with suggestions.

I use Redmax HT2300's and Redmax HTZ2500's.

3. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I got a Tanaka pro force THT 200 at a yard sale for $15. I have had it for over a year and I have no complaints about it. Sometimes you can get lucky at yard sales.:clapping:

4. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I bought a Poulan and I don't like it much. It was $145.00 new. Seems heavy to me. Anyone like this brand? It was a Home Depot special..

5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i have a craftsman, its honestly a piece of crap, but i have only had to use it twice so its not really a big money maker for me,

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

best hedge trimmer for the $ is the shindawia home pro about the same as an echo 1500 but a much better unit. i have owned every unit made except tanaka and it dosnt pay to skimp on hedge trimmers. you need a good unit

7. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

I have had several Shindaiwa HT20's (old) and found them reliable except for the gearbox seals. We used them on commercial properties with over two miles of hibiscus hedges and about a half mile of ironwood pine hedges. The blade gearbox did not seal well and was subject to water intrusion - rusting the blade conrods/bearings. The Maruyama HT2300 models fared better in that department along with having what I think is the best blade material of all the following models I have used personally over the last 30 years: Robin, Tanaka, Stihl, Shindaiwa, Kawasaki.
    For the most part stay away from the 'throwaway or disposable' brands with their cheapos unless you really don't do much trimming or like replacing junk on a fairly frequent basis.

Your tools will make or break you just as you can make or break them!

ALWAYS USE BLADE COVERS WHEN TRANSPORTING OR STORING HEDGE TRIMMERS.