1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by JayD, Mar 5, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Can anyone tell me which one would be a smart buy?
    Looking at the echo's.
    Whats your take on this. Which one and why would you or not buy?
    Please help.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have an echo and we like it. 5 or 6 years old now. Starting to get hard to start every time. So it probablly needs a real good tune-up but it has been pretty reliable. About two years ago we purchased a kawasaki and we like that a lot to.
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have an Echo hc-150. It's 2 years old and has been a good unit. Good power, easy to start, reliable. I would buy another Echo. You might consider looking into the Little Wonder hedge cutters. Little wonder units are nice as well!
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have one of those too, Echo HC150 and its been a good reliable trimmer. I also have Tanaka hedge trimmers and their not as cold natured as my Echo's and they run a little smoother.
  5. mountaineer

mountaineer LawnSite Member
    from WA

Check the weight on little wonder, seems to me they are incredibly heavy (they used to be).
    I've owned 3 of the Home depot echo hedge shears, all 3 have been the biggest pain to start, unbelieveably difficult. I use their line trimmers and they are perfect. I've taken the shears in for tune ups and it changed nothing.
    The Shindaiwa has been a dream since putting the echos aside. I vote Shindaiwa!