1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardguy.net, Jun 1, 2003.

1. yardguy.net

yardguy.net LawnSite Member

I just got a new Home Owner Association with lots of hedges ranging from 2 feet to around 8 feet. Any recommendations on hedge trimmers that will make the job the easiest or fastest. I'm going to be spending a lot of time on them and I just wondered how other people cut lots of small and tall hedges.
  2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 pairs that I love. Stihl 30"ers and a robin long reach with the articulating end....both are great I tend to use the long reach trimmers on most everything just because its more balanced and seems alot easier to use. Less arm pump from holding them for long amounts of time. The Stihl trimmers I have are great for cutting the thick stuff because the blades have quite a distance between them and a powerfull motor but they are pretty darn heavy with that 30" blade on the end but still is a nice set. The stihl model has the twisting handle so you can hold the trimmer as you normally would for the top you would just twist the hadle onto its side so it makes for more comfortable use on sides of shrubs.
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Echo hedge clippers are the lightest, most powerful best clippers that I have found!

The HC-150 is excellent and lightweight.... or if you need a longer reach try the HCA-260 articulating hedge clippers...they are awesome as well and will save you a ton of time in the long run!
  5. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a long shaft 0 to 90 attachment for my FS 85 Stihl as well as a HS 80 with 24" blades . I like them both and they have power to spare, I have a new dealer I am dealing with and he says most of his guys are all going to Red Max due to faster blade speeds. He also sells Echo but not many buy their hedge trimmers in this shop anyway according to him !
  6. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have the echo 260 attachment hedge trimmer that is amazing paid for it self 10 times over(every summer)
  7. illday

illday LawnSite Member

Gas, I'd go with echo.
    Electric, I'd go with Little Wonder.