Hedge Trimming Bids, pics..

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by davis45, Nov 17, 2007.

1. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

NOTE! - I am not currently taking care of this property!

It has somewhere around 200-250 bushes. Ranging in size from 6ft diameter up to 15ft diameter and about 6 ft tall. This is the first property of this size i have had, I will have myself and one worker on this hopefully, more if needed.

Any help on how to bid this?

mowing 002.jpg

mowing 003.jpg

mowing 004.jpg

mowing 005.jpg

mowing 007.jpg

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What do you have for equipment? Have you done these jobs before? Can we presume that most (all?) have mulch, or something else around the bush so that all debris will require tarps for catching clippings? Are these shots typical of the kind of access to the bushes, or are others more difficult to work around?

3. davis45

Equipment, I have a few sets of Stihl Hedge Trimmers, plenty of tarps if needed along with trash barrels, I will also have a dumptruck this winter. Yes i have done these jobs plenty of times before, just never with 200+ bushes. None have mulch at the bottom, a small amount do have rocks though. For the most part all of them are easy to get to, maybe 20-30 are in a rough position.

4. Ground Scapes

Ground Scapes LawnSite Member

get rid of them and start over! too overgrown

5. davis45

Sadly, thats not an option.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

250 of bushes this sized with 2 guys......:confused: you'll be there all week if not longer and I'm thinking longer. I dont price "per bush" I strictly go by per man hour. Any way you look at it its at least a 5-7K job, if not your gonna loose your ARS! And yeah, I would be calling your buddies for sure!

7. nobagger

from Pa

I agree 10000% tell them to get rid of them. Even if you try to cut back the evergreens you'll kill em'. We have a few of the evergreen type you pictured at a place we do and they are getting to be more of a problem.

8. davis45

I can get more on the job no problem... just was wanting to stay with 2

9. nobagger

from Pa

WHY? You and the other guy are gonna get bored and tired, then the quality starts to suffer. It doesnt bother me just wondering. Many hand make light work.

10. davis45

One full time employee, then some come and go when needed. Thanks for the advice. Any input from others also would be appreciated.