hedge trimming est. pricing Help needed

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by RedMax Man, May 27, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

A customer referred me to this crazy property. I don't really want the job of hacking these hedges and shrubs back into shape but if i get it for top dollar than i'll consider doing it.

What would you charge from looking at the pics. to trim and cleanup the clippings?

How long would you expect it to take?

I have some idea of cost and time but this could be a nasty job and am no way going to risk under cutting myself.

thanks...

I got more pictures if anyone wants to see them... lol.

DSCF6961 BUSHES 1.jpg

DSCF6960 BUSHES 2.jpg

DSCF6962 BUSHES 3.jpg

2. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

I would charge around 600-750 I think from when you get there to the time u leave is probibly going to be around 2 hours.

3. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

LOL ....... i have a similar project tuesday, probably about the same amount of bushes plus about 1 yard of mulching, weeding, edging, weed wacking, are you cutting the grass to, i charged 820 for my job, that includes mulch, delivery, and disposal of clippings, branches, and weeds... i would charge 600-650, and i would cut the grass and trim...... good luck

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

that household will never pay 600 to 750 to have those hedges hacked down.
    it's quite obvious they don't care about their landscaping. you'd be lucky to get them to pay 2 bills for that job.
    i say give them an estimate based on 4 hours of work (that covers if you run into any problems, along with dump time) , and tell them you won't be able to do it for a couple of months. keep this job for the backburner when grass slows down, and you don't have much work in july and august. will they be willing to wait that long? from the looks of the place, I'd say they would.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

if you trim the burning bush now it will not bloom untill next year, anyway to do it right is a big job. Please note I am the only poster so far in your area so I know going rates. What I would charge 750.00 890.00 a full and entire day their is lots of ladder work, 3 Packed pickup truck loads to haul out mabey 5 loads. the guy who quoted you 4 hours has a job waiting for him at my house.

6. Stillwater

2 hours? please tell me this is a typo if not please come work for me.

7. RedMax Man

These people want the work done asap but i can't get to it until everyone elses work that has already been schedualed is complete. If i wait longer then these place will just get worse.

I think that person meant to say 2 DAYS unless you got 10 guys working with you.

I was thinking in the $700 - $800 range even then its not going to be the most beautiful trim job because the things are so out of wack. Alot of hack work. At most it would take me 2 days to do it solo and around 3 truck loads. If i have a helper then i bet i could wack it out in a day.

I already have a price to hack down the lawn: $150 - $200. They seemed alright with the 150 when i was looking at the property but i didn't have estimate or signature on paper yet. They also want someone to cut the lawn biweekly.

8. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Sorry I forgot you were running solo. Ya i looked at the pics again and its defintly not two hours. I was thinking as if I were doing it with 3 guys. Good luck

9. RedMax Man

Not a problem, but man if you were serious that would be awesome.
    How long would you expect for a solo guy?

10. Stillwater

In lowell labor rates per man is what ? 35.00 to 50.00 per man per hr.?
    load removed (pickup truck) 35.00 40.00 per load ?
    What are you chargeing for the trimmers? I charge 8.00 per hour.
    useing the low numbers only you can figure this.

2 guys 10 hours @ 35.00 per hour is 700.00
    4 loads @ 35.00 is 140.00
    trimmers 8 hours @ 8.00 per hour is 64.00
    the grand total for your bill is 904.00 if you do not know these people I suggest billing them this amount in advance on the day you cut at the very least they should know it is going to be this expensive and payment is due in full that day it is super important that you know what their expectations are.