Hedge Trimming Price

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kemmer, Jun 16, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

How much would you charge for this, im still trying to learn to estimate for hedge trimming so this will help me get an idea.

Thanks

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

2. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

anyone? .

3. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell them you'll bill hourly at whatever your hourly rate is.

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually bill hourly for hedge trimming and at $60/hr for two guys. For a job like the one you showed me I would say that could take around 4-5 hours.....So I would give them a price of $325.00 and thatll include your dumping fee

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd charge by the hour...what kind of hedge trimmer would you be using?

6. hughmcjr

hughmcjr LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

It is hard to tell from the pics, but if charging by the hour I would suggest 100.00 per hour for 3 men or 50.00/hr for the first person and 25-30/hr. for each additional person.

The pics look like about 1000.00 of work. hard to tell.

You guys have it made back east for hedge trimming. Let me clarify, northeast. I am from LI NY originally and everytime I go back it amazes me how the shrubs just don't get as dense or as much growth as they do here in Oregon. I wouldn't trade in all the world for your humidity though. We have about 20-30% humidity all summer.

7. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like $425 to me. Depends how much hand pruning you do. If you hand prune those then maybe closer to $650-700.

8. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

Once again, hard to tell by the pics. I always walk through with the customer and visually show them where the shrubs will be pruned back to.(with the pita customers) To many times I've found myself going back to jobs because " they thought I should have gone shorter " Little do they know if I go any shorter the shrubs/trees will look like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree! I would estimate about 5 hours for two guys. I would shoot for 600.00 plus dumping fees, at that price you should turn a decent profit.