hedge trimming question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paully25, Sep 26, 2006.

1. paully25

paully25 LawnSite Member

I have a customer who has asked me to cut down his 10foot hedge, down to 5feet and narrow it by a foot on each side. It is 150feet in length. Any help would be greatly appreciated no idea on what to charge. How do u guys per foot or another method

Thanks in advance
  2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

By the man hour,and be sure to charge a removel fee for the clippings,there probably will be an excessive amount of debree.
  3. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You are going to have to stick it out there and make up a time estimate.... I'd plan on a day and a half with dumping.

To make things a little easier, shave off the front with clippers to get a better view of what to cut, then dig in with a chain saw and lops. Try to make as few parts as possible to drag to the trailer.
    If the disposal will be a headache ( and there will be a lot to dispose of) look into a chipper for a day.... chip the debris and shoot it back under the hedge.
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

1st i would definately get a tree chipper or you'll be going to the dump all day long. Do you have a crew? If not i estimate it will take you 2-3 days to get the Job done. Not being a smart a?? Just saying thats alot of work. Since the hedges are over your head, I would charge 50-75 dollars an hour. plus your diposal fee. This does'nt qualify as normal hedge trimming.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i thought you where only supposed to trim one third of the material at a time off a hedge, am i incorrect, will this be ok?