Hedge trimming the easy way?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Armsden&Son, Apr 27, 2013.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I meant stihl batteries
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

Hmm....that has me thinking about propane now ... I'm determinted to do away with breathing 2 cycle smoke .... If electric "ain't quite there" maybe propan will do ... I just don't like the idea of getting blown up, despite the rarity of such.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just stay gas a few more years.

eventually i imagine everything will be all electric. mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.

of course they may try some kind of hybrid designs first. :laugh:

4. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

We havr maruyam gas powered hedge trimmers, battery powered pellenc's and we did try the strijl battery powered hedge trimmers. When you only need a few hedge trimmers, buy gas powered ones. Much more heavy duty, you can cut through thicker brush, they work a lot faster and since (i think so) blade speed is higher, they give a nicer result. We only use the battery powered ones on boxwoods (since they really don't like the heat of the gearboxes) and in places like hotels where noise isn't tolerated. If you don't have those issues, go for gas!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Meant stihl instead of strijl ( def. need some rest :-D)
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I started out using a professional LittleWonder electric trimmer. It worked OK but the cord is PITB. Then I got a gas powered LittleWonder and I'm never going to look back until I have to.