1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimming

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by CuttinUP, Apr 25, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

How often are some of you trimming the bushes? and how are you quoting it?
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I just figure my bills for the month and thats usually what I bid. Now if I really have alot of bills due I might trim twice that month to justify the cost to the customer :D :D
  3. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

trimming season for me starts june 1, this generally allows bushes to get most of their new growth out before trimming. after that, i may have to come by maybe once to retrim, some places once per year is enough. if i trim before june 1 i generally have to come back sooner. i also only use hand-held shears (okatsune-the best) this takes much longer, but gives a better cut and is better for the plant (no hot blades, or lubricant on plant).
    as far as pricing goes, i just kinda figure how long it will take and do a hourly rate on it.
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Most of mine get done 2 to 3 times a year, depending on the growth. I try to figure around 40 per hour because that is dang hard work!
  5. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

3 times per year starting in may/june.
  6. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, 3-times on full service accounts, $75+ per man hour[ & if you need a ladder!] useing echo trimmer on the pole, formal heges almost always need 2-3 trims [ under 6 inches], if its over that it a custom price for a custom job. payup