Hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 10, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what you guys charge for trimming hedges on an average, last year i was charging $5.00 per bush with a minimum of $30.00 per job. Am i in the ballpark or am i to low/high. I don't want to be called a lowballer however i,t seems that this is the market price around here.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

We charged on average $12 per shrub/bush. Some were $10 and some were $15, although there were ocassions when we got into some that were quite large and we charged $25-$45 depending on size

3. Blades Lawn Care

Blades Lawn Care LawnSite Member

+1, most are between $10-$15 for average size shrubs (15-30 ft. long, 4-6 ft. high). but I have had some freaking monsters. Like, 70-80 ft. long, 15 ft. high!!

4. DJ Contracting

I guess the size i was talking about would be 2' tall by 3' round/square not to large.

5. Blades Lawn Care

Blades Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey, for a shrub that size, I think $5 sounds real good. You could knock that shrub down in about a minute. payup

6. DJ Contracting

Yeah Blades those are the typical size that i have been trimming nothing to large but thanks for the info on larger shrubs.

7. kfish

kfish LawnSite Member

I trim a fair amount of bushes throughout the season and a typical trim job for me is usuall somewhere between 65.-85. and am generally there from 30-60 minutes. I have a place to dispose and burn for free or I throw the trimmings in my trash. For no more than you pay for a good hedge trimmer there is a lot of good money made trimming bushes. It's such a natural offering to your customers and it makes such a big difference when you're done.

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have never priced per bush. I just try to make 50-75 per man hour. There is alot of money in pruning. Alot of lawn monkeys do not want to touch hedges because it hard manual labor, but I love it. I think it is more profitable than mowing.

9. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I charge about $5 per bush sometimes. Other times I just look at it and price by the job. Usally if I price by the job it's when it's really overgrowb bushes or them long tall ones like Green-Pro & Blades Lawn Care are talking about.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

all hedge trimming for us is by the man-hour