1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 10, 2006.

1. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

What ever you can do to serarate yourself from the common Landscaper, maintance guy, "Lawn Monkey",.....is to your favor in todays marketpayup ....it really a shame how poorly clients percieve the "Weekly Guy"....my buddy has over 300 steady accounts, 4-dumps, 4-enclosed trailers and 15 men on payroll.....last year we tried something new, when a client called for an installation quote, I went instead of my Buddy........My job sold for about $4000.00 higher than what he woulda charged, and the only thing different was that I met the client at the nursery for a walk through and I was the "New Arborist / Horticulturist" on Staff........but back to the main question?.....I charge between $75-150 per man hour on trimming / shapeing, plus a dump chargepayup
  2. Blades Lawn Care

Blades Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Wow.......just wow.:eek:
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Well your numbers are going to be alot higher than the norm b/c of the cost of living where you operate.
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

If a large overgrown unmaintained hedge is what we are talking about.about 30' or 45'long...well I will just look at it and give a price of $250.00 to $300.00
    usually.If it's a quick trim off new growth of a maintained hedge...then 75 to 100...if I am just shaping up some little bushes..8 to 10 a bush depending on the shape they are in
  5. greeningup

greeningup LawnSite Member

Trimming? Are you using a hedge type of trimmer? If this is the case you are in the ballpark. If you are truly "pruning" which is certainly different than "shearing" your numbers are low. Pruning is done by hand with hand loppers or shears and takes much more time. Price accordingly
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Definately, the key is time. More time = more money. I think you have to at least have a man hour rate in mind.
  7. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I charge stickly by the hour. Never had any complaints about it.
  8. justinslawncare

justinslawncare LawnSite Member

i agree with the dump fee. most of the places around here charge a dump fee for landscapers so include that plus a little for travel in ur price.
  9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!