hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ffemt1271, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have been asked to bid a hedge trimming job. there are 200 feet of hedges, 4 feet tall and 4 feet wide. all i have to do is the front and top because they are against the building. how much should i bid for this service? thanks

2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

What type of hedge is it and how much is to be trimmed off? A picture would be nice if possible.

3. ffemt1271

thier last guy quit last week. they are in good shape right now, will need a trimming at the end of the month. they are located at a church.

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

as was said "hourly"

or in what time frame do you think you can get it done? Bear in mind that Yews take a while to trim and have them look real nice.
    But do you think you can do it in half a day? with cleaning up? If you can then why not charge for what an average half day would be for you.

If you're looking for price. In the area of $400 +

5. ffemt1271

ok, thanks for the hepl everyone.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

careful on this one. as was said, if they are yews, i bit time consuming for that tight manacured look. if they are forsythia, much easier, but more disposal, if u cant identify the hedge, just make sure u can get through it with a hedge trimmer, if the branches are thick you will be loping, and you are in for a long day.