1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Outdoor Services, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for an idea of what the price per man hr is these days for hedge/shrub timming.
    It was for a neighbor that I lived next to for 30 yrs, as he passed away a month ago, and the family needed the yard in shape to put it up for sale..
    The job took 14 man hrs with clean up, (no disposal-used there mulch pile).
    Thanks for the input!:cool2:
  2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I charge the same for ALL of my services. Shrub pruning I will agree uses less expensive equipment than mowing but I would much rather be sitting on my rear riding a mower than bending over killing my back trimming. Plus I still have Expensive equipment on the trailer I have to pay for. Not to mention if I charged less per hr for trimming, or even weeding, why would I even bother with those jobs I would just mow only.

So the answer to your question would be....opps I saw friend,neighbor,dead, that may get a bit of a discount but its still 14 hrs of back breaking work.

$630.00 ($45 er man hr)

Everyone else

$700.00 ($50.00 per man hr)
  3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'll be damned. Someone else who finally gets what I've been saying all along. A flat price across the board or else why bother with the lower $/hr work.

Was it just a neighbour or was he also a close friend?
    Just neighbour = full price
    Close friend = free