1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hedge trimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Jul 17, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

This year is my first year where customers have really asked for hedge trimming and pruning. For my hedge trimming, I use a black and decker electric trimmer hooked up to a portable generator. I was wondering whether I should stick to this or get a regular gas powered trimmer. What do you guys think?
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

gas! Faster No cords and will last longer than that black and decker you have. Time is money.
  3. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

BMFD92 A couple of years a go when I started out I purchased a 14 volt B&D cordless . It works ok on light stuff battery lasts about 45 minutes . For larger branches and more productivity I just bought a Echo 150 trimmer. Nothing like gas , saved me hours on some recent jobs . Less time more money $$$ and less frustration. Dont do what I did by a gas unit and you will not regret it.

valley boy
  4. Buddy Markley

Buddy Markley LawnSite Member

GAS,,all the way.

We have 1 Echo & 2 Stihl`s all are extremly nice machines and makes the work a whole lot better than electric.

Make sure you use spray on cooking oil such as "Pam" on every fill up this helps keep the blades lubed up and will not damage the shrubery.

5. greenblood

greenblood LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Get the gas, you won't regret it.
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm gonna leave this one alone...:D