1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hedge work

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by G&Plawn, Jul 24, 2003.

1. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

im a new lco and have been offered my first commercial account cleaning up some hedges at the bank thta i use for my business accounts. I m a bit courious about how to properly trim and pull some of these hedges. i will post pics later today to show what they look like. If any one has any good ideas for cleanup or reworking some of these hedges i would reall appreciate it. thanks
  2. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

these are some pics o the hedges tht i need to trim up and maybe emove any sugestions let me know thank you

3. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

more pics

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, they don't look all that bad to me, with the exception of the dead one. I'd edge the bed, clean out the weeds, trim any dead material,and mulch.
  5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

It looks to me you don't have a hedge but individual shrubs. Yes??? It's still hard to visualize exactly what to do, but since all the shrubs are the same variety, I’d round each one varying the size (diameter). Also, unless I could make the height of each one the “same”, I’d “purposely” make the height different to make them look more random.
  6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

remove the dead shrub, dead wood the rest trim them on the slant a little, cut a bed line, weed it. Suggest plant spring bulbs where the indents are
  7. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree that those shrubs are not a hedge. They are a foundation planting of individual shrubs. Also, please do not shear those junipers. Hand-pruning the branches that are too long will reduce the size without destroying the plume-like texture.