hedge

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KerryB, Sep 5, 2001.

1. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone here ever planted leyland cypress for a hedge. If so I would appreciate your input. I have seen suggestions on planting anywhere from 30" apart on up. What is the best planting distance? I know these trees get very large that is not a problem. Just want the best distance apart and maybe from the property line for a nice thick hedge.

Also, I have searched and searched and maybe I overlooked this, and I know it is off this subject, but if anyone knows how many cubic ft are in a 40lb bag of cow manure or any conversion from pounds to yds of ft please let me know.
    Thanks to everyone here at lawnSite. I have learned so much in such a short time. It is so nice to have a place to go to share experience and knowledge. Thanks again everyone.

2. KerryB

Ok thanks to Pauls suggestion on another thread I moved this post to Arborsite. Thanks Paul.

3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I don't know about leyland cypress for a hedge, I do know that because of improper planting distance a disease called botryospharia canker and Seridium canker may invade plant.
    When the Leylands are to close they rub together thus opening a wound. I would recommend planting them at the proper distance.
    hope this helps some.

4. KerryB

Thanks George, I didnt know about that. Around here all we tend to see are bag worms.