hedges and pricing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CHEVYCRAIG, Mar 20, 2004.

1. CHEVYCRAIG

CHEVYCRAIG LawnSite Member

How do you come up with estimates for pricing and time it would take? this is my full first year and found I get a lot of hedges wanting a price with grass. Some people want hedges cut back hard which takes more time to cleanup?

2. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Experience, experience, experience. I know this doesn't help much, but that is what it takes to make a good estimate. Our second year in the biz and we learned a lot from the first year when it came to estimates/proposals. What we thought it would take versus what it would actually take were sometimes far off, and NOT in the right direction!!

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Estimate is just that an estimate not a bill unless you are way off you shouldn't have trouble with a low estimate. Just tell them you cant give a exact number until you get in there. I would rather louse a job then louse money.

experience EXPERIENCE

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

lose a job then lose money

5. CHEVYCRAIG

CHEVYCRAIG LawnSite Member

thanks for response not realy worried too much about losing money.just not making as much as I should I guss?? just have not figured out how much time it takes if you are cutting a lot back off hedges, clean up,waste disposal ect. I would like to give better est.