Hedges Estimate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mikol, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Mikol

Mikol LawnSite Member

I need some help with some pricing on a side job.they have 100' of Viburnum hedges and need around 3 feet taken off the top and 3 sides hedge.can any one help me with a proper estimate.Thanks
  2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i dont know exactly what is a viburnal hedges, but for 100' of trimming, i'd probably charge somewhere $150-200. again, this is just an estimate. i dont know how high they are 9do you need a ladder? are they thorny?

do you have a picture? just guess how long it would take you. i try to get give/take $50/hr or so.

also, dont forget disposal and debris.

if they are a regular client, it's always easier to give a little high estimate. less chanses to shop around.

hope this helps.
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm in about the same boat! I have about 175' of hedge trimming. I'm charging $45/hr and I'm thinking about 4-6 hrs.
  4. Ice_Gargoylle

Ice_Gargoylle LawnSite Member
    from indiana

some jobs are fine for a price quote, i would sell this one by the hour though. unless you really know what your dong, charge byt he hour. Tell them there will be a haul/dump fee additionaly, but dont give a flat fee. you can estimate to them a ballpark. do this a few times and you'll learn what to look for etc. so you know what to charge.

off the top of my head assuming the vib's are prolly 7-10 feet tall, i was thinking 500-650, but again i dont know how woody it is, have they been pruned before, etc.

i would think these are leatherleaf's, no thorns but hella "dusty". you have to where eye protection and prolly a resperator(cheesy white thing that covers mouth/nose).
  5. Mikol

Mikol LawnSite Member

Thanks to all for the quick responses.I think I have a pretty good idea now. I think I will go the route and charge by the hour.once again thanks for the answers.