Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, May 12, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok i was at Home Depot and iI was jsut wondering aout there hedg trimmers:blob3: they had a homlight gas and i was wondering if that would be anygood what do u think
  2. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

Go with a commercial brand. It will be the only one you buy. I use a Maruyama. It has the Kawisaki engine. Works great. I used it about 5 hours today. No problem at all. The Homelite is OK. I had a Homelite backpack blower when I first started. It got the job done but it soon died because it is not cut out for the commercial use.

I have also heard a lot of good things about Stihl, Husquavarna and Red Max.

Good luck.
  3. klite

klite LawnSite Member

If that is what you can afford right now go for it. After how often do you use them? I have a double sided Weed Eater Hedge trimmer and it works fine for as much as I use it. It does the job it was made for. If you have the extra cash buy a Sthil .
  4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i wont be using the trimmer very much at all just on maybe 5 accounts 3 times a year not big yards at all
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with klite, for what you will need them for they sould do the job, but when you have more use for them, get a stihl.