Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Landscapes-r-us, May 19, 2006.

1. Landscapes-r-us

Landscapes-r-us LawnSite Member

I just ordered 700 frisbees with my logo and info on them to drive around and toss into yards and 1000 fortune cookies that say "You will have a nice yard with Landscapes-r-us 555-1234'

Now, what should I do with the cookies? Besides eat all of them of course.
  2. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Super Creative, the first time I ever heard of such advertising. Let us know if you get calls.
  3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a good idea...i like
  4. MowForLess

MowForLess LawnSite Member

I used the same type with toilet papaer. Each sheet had my business card on it....
    Slogan read: Don't wipe out your account. Use Mow For Less for all your Landscaping needs.
  5. Landscapes-r-us

That's a $hitty way to get business!

:laugh: :laugh:
  6. Landscapes-r-us

I'm just hoping people don't complain about the "litter" in their yards from the frisbees. I'm hoping to just drive around and have a couple people in the back of my truck tossing them from each side so we cover both sides of the roads in one pass.. gosh, we could probably put out all 700 in an hour or two at most.

I just need to figure out what to do with the fortune cookies. One thing I plan to do is go around to small stores and ask if I can put a bowl of them near the cash register and leave maybe 20 for them to refill it with.. like maybe at area gas stations and put FREE on the bowl..
  7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Ha! That is some creative advertising fellas. Nice job!
  8. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

What happens when the grass dies that is under the frisbee? For example if the homeowner is away on vacation or something?
  9. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a really clever idea. Good thinking.
  10. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to go into newer communities with those frisbees. Older communities 30 years or older is gonna have a lot of old people and they will have no need for that frisbee. It will most likely end up in the trash.
    As far as those fortune cookies. It's a great idea, but no one os gonna let you place them in their place of buisiness. For the simple fact they have no idea what you have done to those cookies.
    A better way would have been to go to your local chinese place, ask them where they got their cookies and ask them if they would place an order with them with your fortunes in them and you would pay for them.
    Just an idea. I don't know how you would do that.