:-) hehehe

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Meadowbrook, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I had started a thread a while back about possibly doing brochures as a route for my advertising. Well, I have come to the decision of doing them, but I have no idea how they should be laid out. I know what I wanna put on them, but I'm not sure how to do it, I know, sounds stupid, but if anybody has done brochures before, please let me know how to lay them out. If need be, you can send a layout of your brochure to me at Landscape80@aol.com Thanks for any and all input.

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done this a couple of times. I used WordPerfect for one and MSWord for the other. They do have templates to work from which is good to at least get your columns set up.

The hardest thing is to get out what you want to say in a short but concise way. I did mine on 8.5"x11" paper as a trifold (folded into thirds, so there are 3 columns on front and three more on back.

It is a good idea to make the front cover a title page with your company name and logo and maybe a one or two line slogan or something that tells what you do without wasting words. The first column inside should introduce who your company is. The second should tell what it does. The third should be compelling to make it clear why your company should be the choice of the reader. The left column on the back should list some of your qualified staff and any degrees, certifications, or other qualifications that demonstrate professionalism. The middle column could have a return address and area for a mailing address if you want to mail them. The right column is already used as the cover.

When this is lying on a table or desk the cover should be easy to read and should grab their attention.

Remember to add in supportive pictures in those columns, but only if they make sense to what is being said. There is not a lot of room for words if you keep each column on subject, so choose them wisely. You should also start each column with a title (such as "Who We Are", "What We Do", "Our Advantage",...).

The hardest thing is shrinking the amount of words and still getting your message across, especially with pictures. But, a picture is worth a thousand words - don't over do those either.

You want someone to get a good understanding of all of these things about you in about one minute of reading. The cover has to grab their attention, so they pick it up. The inside has to hold their interest and make them sense that they will value you so they'll follow through.