Height Adjustment on 2005 eXmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 31, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

As many people on the site know, I am getting a new eXmark Metro 15/48 on monday or tuesday (mulch kit didn't come in yet) anyway, the eXmark book says that the height can be adjusted from 1 to 4 inches in .25 inch increments. My question is, with only the spacers on the front casters, how is this possible? :cool2:

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

There are also spacers between the blades and the deck. Also, the rear wheel height can be changed.

3. JonM

JonM LawnSite Member

There are four spacers underneath the deck on the same bolt that goes through the spindle and holds the blade on.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

There is a manual coming along with your mower, look into changing height section and you will see there are like 3 steps changing fixed deck.
    1. changing spacer at casters
    2. changing blades spacers under and over spindles
    3. rear axle position from A to E for height achievement.
    Normally, you should set your axle at the heighest level, which is E or D, just one time which dealer should do it for you, and play with spacers on both casters and spindles area. If you want to cut @ 4" or 4.25" you have to raise your axle to the heighest as I did on my 36", and then adjust spacers which is simple once you got it figured out.

5. mcwlandscaping

So it takes a bit of time and tools to do this, what a surprise! Not something that I would want to be changin between each client. There are sooo many differrent grass types around here and I have to chang so often as it is. So it looks like i may have to group the lawns together that have similar cutting heights. Thanks, also, how long does it usually take?

6. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

if you need to change your hight often,you might be looking at the wrong machine.for the best cut you need to run at least 3 spacers above the blade for mulching 4 seems to put down a better cut. as far as caster spacers go i've found you can only go up or down one anymore affects cut quality.
    i have found 4 spacers above the blade,3-1/2 spacers and 1-3/16 spacer under the casters and the rear axle set to hole "D" give the best cut on the grasses i mow.
    if you only need to go up or down 1/2 inch it won't be to bad but more than that will be a pain.

Ron

7. mcwlandscaping

Ron's, i understand everything except how many spacersy you put underneith the the front casters. Thanks. Also, you may have already responded to this but do you think 15 hp is enough for my 48" mower? THANK YOU

8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what you get for gettin a fixed deck youll get a rugged cut and its a bitc* to change hieghts

9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

thats why i went to the hp metro instead, from 1.5 inch to 4.5 inches in 30 seconds .just way to many types of grass down here to cut all at the same height

10. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely has the best fixed deck height adjustments, similar to the HP's of Exmark...