height adjustment

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Clint, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

ok, i might feel really stupid, once again **sigh** but whatever its just the internet right?

i have a 36" metro and i lower and raise the deck up with the front castor adjustment with the pin and the round metal things, hell i dont even know what they are called.. is there anyrthing else i should be doing?!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

There are 3 ways to adjust the cutting height of your Metro. The most common is with the front caster spacers. You can also raise and lower the blades with in the mower deck by moving the blade spacers above or below the spindle shaft. The last adjustment and least common to be utilized is the A, B, C, and D positions of the year axle. For the most part your probably going to stick with the blades pacers and the front caster spacers. The key is to not go to the extremes of either of these. Don't put all the caster spacers on the bottom and none on the top because the change in rake can effect the cut. Also putting all of them on the top and none on the bottom for the same reason. The cool thing is that if you do it wrong it's real easy to get an education in the importance of deck rake and you can see what each extreme will do to the performance. The blade spacers should also be utilized but going to the extreme's of the adjustment range will effect the quality of cut as well. As an example if you raise the blades too high in the mower deck you may not get enough lift to cut properly and it can really effect the mulch quality. If you lower them too low in the deck the cut might be great but if it's dry it can a little dusty sometimes. On my Metro 32" I found a cutting height that was where I wanted to cut, would allow me to adjust a caster spacer each direction depending upon conditions and a blades spacer each direction. By doing this I didn't need to worry about too much rake or too little, too much lift or too much dust.