height question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawnranger44, Jun 2, 2003.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

i tried finding this in the manual but it doesn't have it. what are the actual heights for the axle height settings? maybe setting A is 1" and setting B is 2". I'm not sure but if i know this than i can know if i have to adjust the front caster spacers to get the blades to angle forward. i have a 36" Metro by the way.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lawnranger44,

With the axle setting at “A” you will have a nearly level deck with one 1/2" spacer below the caster. For each axle setting you raise the rear adding one spacer to the front will maintain "0" rake or a flat deck.

A= 1, 1/2" spacer
    B= 2, 1/2" spacers
    C= 3, 1/2" spacers
    D= 4, 1/2" spacers
    E= you really can't get to "0" rake or a flat deck.

These settings should be very close. You will find variances from machine to machine due to tire size, tire wear etc. but you should be pretty close.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Lawnranger 44, you should raise your axle point to E otherwise you will experience scalping at underdeck like crazy once you put extra spacers between spindle and blade!, the factory D setting is okay for 3.5 " cut but here in Florida, the St. Augustine is thick and dense, only 4" and above is recommended commercial cut, besides the mower always climb curb and sidewalk, so E position is a must.
    Just tiny info...