height set-up Metro

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by fga, Sep 18, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Hey,
    i just bought a Metro off LazerZ, great machine it appears to be.

was looking for some info on height set-up and adjustability.
    here, almost all accounts are 21", its just the market and size of properties we have here. there some lawns that are larger that i will be using this 36".

i need to match it up with my commercial lawnboys, settings 4, 5, maybe even 6 on occasion.

setting 4 is: 2 1/2"
    setting 5 is: 3"
    setting 6 is: 3 1/2"

is it possible to set it up for one of these heights, and be able to make a relatively quick height change (meaning without removing the blades) tot he other 2 heights?

a buddy emailed me this advice on set-up:
    Setting me up for 3":
    Axle position D
    (3) 1/2" spacers below casters
    (2) 1/4" spacers below spindle

then adjust casters/axle accordingly up or down using 1/2" spacers to get to 2 1/2" and 3 1/2".
    how would it affect the cut, how noticeable would be if any, if i just adjusted the casters, and not the axle up or down. Starting from the 3" set-up above..going from 3 to 3 1/2.... and from 3 to 2 1/2?

thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello fga,

If you don't want to change blade spacers, then the following would be your best solution with 3 spacers always between the blade and spindle shaft:

2-1/2": C axle setting with (2) 1/2" and (1) 3/16" spacer below the caster pivot.

3": D axle setting with (3) 1/2" and (1) 3/16" spacer below the caster pivot.

3-1/2": E axle setting with (4) 1/2" and (1) 3/16" spacer below the caster pivot.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Lenny