1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Held Check

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hp8125, Jun 6, 2005.

1. hp8125

hp8125 LawnSite Member

I happen to have a very nice commercial account involving model houses, snowplowing, brushhogging, etc, It is a residential subdivision still being built which is an account I have had for over a year
    My question is this, I had insurance and lost it because I filed a claim within the first year, so I was told. It seems I was in a probationary period for the first year I was operating. When I went to renew my insurance, the accounts spokesperson also called to verify my insurance and that is how they found out. I found that they were not going to pay me for 1 months work because my insurance had expired. It took about two weeks to save up the 1 year premium but I was able to get insurance through another provider. Can they refuse to pay me untill I get my insurance renewed?

The funny thing is, had they payed me as scheduled, I would have had insurance the same day I found out I was canceled, Must be murphys law here
  2. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

Does your contract state that you are to carry liability insurance? If so I'd say your fecked.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi hp8125,

If that is what they said they are going to do, I am sorry about them holding your money, but what can you do? Take them to court or Renew the insurance policy somehow?