Helena chemical company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kaufmaninc, Mar 22, 2005.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about them? I've been told by a friend who got out of the industry(14 yrs) that they make some really great products. I'd never heard of them so one persons advice isn't good enough for me. I did go to their website and they seem like a good company. Never have touched their products though.

Any experience?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

kaufmaninc

Helen is a distributor for Lebanon Fertilizer a sponsor of this site. Lebanon has some Great Products Visit their forum as well as their website. Helen has been famous for their Agricultural products and dealing with Agriculture. I have had good success with them.

3. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Helena also distributes PBI/Gordon's products.

4. kaufmaninc

I guess that answers that question. If this is true that they carry Gordon and Lebonon, then I'm pretty much set.

Thanks y'all

5. TurfRx

TurfRx LawnSite Member

Helena is one of the largest distributors in the country for all of the brand name suppliers such as...Syngenta, Bayer, Dow, Valent, FMC, PBI, Nufarm/Riverdale, etc. They also have their own manufacturing facilities for formulating their own line of nutritionals (liquid and granular), adjuvants (very good line) and bioscience products all for Turf & Ornamental uses. They are very large in the ag markets but they have dedicated T&O representation throughout the country.

6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know what Helena is like where you are located but in Lenexa Ks, here, they have an exellent supply of great products. Far superior to Lesco.

7. kaufmaninc

Sure wished the representation wa better here. I called and talked with a very nice gentleman & he mentioned their was another perosn responsible for my territory. That was 2 months ago so Lesco is still getting my business.

8. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes folks drop the ball ... I've got an estimate I was supposed to get out a week or two ago and I haven't done it yet.

Anyhow, I like the fert from Helena a lot better than Lesco's stuff. It gives a lot better results, I think. Not to mention the fact that Doug has been at this Helena for ten years now, he went to school for this, he knows the chemicals BETTER THAN ME and he's able to answer my questions. I get blank stares at Lesco. In all fairness, though, one of the current Lesco guys comes from golfdom, so he really knows his turf but is very weak in ornamentals.

9. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

the problem with hellena is that thy concentrate on golf much more than lawncare. This is also true for southern ag, regal,bwi, ect.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Growin

I go the Helena and Southern Agi. Like I go to Sam's Club. I go to Lesco like I go to 7-11.