helena turf nectar any of you use it?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

15-0-0
    WITH 6% Fe
    GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    Total Nitrogen (N)…………………………………………………………….………..15.00%
    15.00% Urea Nitrogen
    Sulfur (S)………………………………………………………………………….……...3.40%
    3.40% Combined Sulfur (S)
    Iron (Fe)…………………………………………………………………………….…….6.00%
    6.00% Water Soluble Iron (Fe)
    Derived from urea and ferrous sulfate.
    KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
    CAUTION
    See Inside Panel for Additional Precautionary Statements.
    SN 011405/0405
    NET CONTENTS:
    Jug: 2.5 gal. (9.46 L) 55 gal. (208.18 L)
    Case: 2 x 2.5 gal. (2 x 9.46 L) Net Wt.: 614.90 lbs. (278.92 kg)
    Net Wt.: Jug: 27.95 lbs. (12.68 kg)
    Case: 55.90 lbs. (25.36 kg) Bulk
    Net Wt.:______________________
    5 gal. (18.92 L)
    Net Wt.: 55.90 lbs. (25.36 kg) WEIGHT PER GALLON:
    11.18 lbs. (5.07 kg)
    30 gal. (113.55 L)
    Net Wt.: 335.40 lbs. (152.14 kg)
    Information about the components of this lot of fertilizer may be obtained by writing to
    Helena Chemical Company, 225 Schilling Boulevard, Suite 300, Collierville,TN 38017
    and giving the lot number which is found on the container.
    Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product is available on
    the Internet at http://www.aapfco.org/metals.htm .
    F224
    MANUFACTURED FOR
    HELENA CHEMICAL COMPANY
    225 SCHILLING BOULEVARD, SUITE 300
    COLLIERVILLE, TN 38017
    PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENT
    CAUTION
    BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT, READ ALL PRECAUTIONS, CONDITIONS OF
    SALE-LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES.
    Avoid contact with formulated product. Do not take internally. Avoid contact with or
    inhalation of the spray mist. If product is being mixed with pesticides and/or spray
    adjuvants, follow all precautionary statements on the accompanying product(s)
    labeling.
    WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF CONTACT:
    IF SWALLOWED: Induce vomiting. Immediately call a doctor.
    IF IN EYES: Flush eyes with clean water for 15 minutes. Immediately call a doctor.
    IF ON SKIN: Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with soap and water. Call
    a doctor if irritation develops and persists.
    IF INHALED: Move to fresh air and call a doctor if irritation develops or persists.
    If there is contact made with the spray solution containing pesticides and/or spray
    adjuvants, follow the “Statement for Practical Treatment/First Aid” on the product(s)
    labeling.
    STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
    Keep container tightly closed, do not allow water to e introduced to the contents of this
    container. Do not contaminate water sources by cleaning of equipment or disposal of
    spray waste. Dispose of empty containers by triple rinsing with detergent solution or
    puncture and discard empty containers in a landfill in accordance with current local,
    state and federal regulations.
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC is specially formulated for improved compatibility with
    amine herbicides. It is recommended for use as an additive in dry or liquid fertilizers
    and is compatible with most of the pesticides that can be utilized in combination with
    liquid fertilizers. This product is intended to be a supplement to a regular fertilizer
    program. Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC may not be compatible with some liquid
    fertilizer formulations. A pre-mix “jar test’’ is recommended prior to mixing with liquid
    fertilizer to check compatibility.
    NOTE: Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC cannot be used in liquid fertilizers which
    contain ortho-phosphates. DO NOT MIX WITH CATIONIC PESTICIDES.
    NOTE: A lawn will typically utilize 1-4 lbs. of nitrogen per 1,000 sq. ft. each growing
    season. Use this product in conjunction with an additional fertilization program to
    provide at least 1 lb. of nitrogen per 1,000 sq. ft. each growing season. Consult your
    local Agricultural Extension Agent for the proper amount of nitrogen to be applied in
    your area.
    APPLICATION AND MIXING
    Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC may be applied by ground or aerial application. Use
    enough water for thorough uniform coverage of foliage or soil. Thorough coverage is
    necessary for best results and the addition of a non-ionic surfactant such as INDUCE®
    is recommended.
    TURF:
    WARM SEASON TURF:
    Bahia, Bent, Centipede*, Tall Fescue, St. Augustine and Zoysia grass. Apply 2-8 oz.
    of Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per 1,000 sq. ft. with sufficient water for good
    coverage. Three to five applications per growing season usually produces best
    results. *When temperatures can exceed 90°F do not apply greater than 3 oz. Ele-
    Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per 1,000 sq. ft. if applying with other products. Bermuda
    grass: Apply 4-10 oz. of Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per 1,000 sq. ft. with
    sufficient water for good coverage. Three to five applications per growing season
    usually produces best results.
    COOL SEASON TURF:
    Bluegrass, Perennial Rye, Fescue, Bent grass. Apply 2-8 oz. of Ele-Max® TURF
    NECTAR™ AC per 1,000 sq. ft. with sufficient water for good coverage. Three to five
    applications per growing season usually produces best result. When temperatures
    can exceed 90°F do not apply greater than 3 oz. Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per
    1,000 sq. ft. if applying with other products.
    ORNAMENTALS:
    SHRUBS:
    Azalea, Barberry, Burningbush, Camellia, Common Periwinkle, Cherry Laurel, Crepe
    Myrtle, Euonymus, Forsythia, Flowering Quince, Gardenia, Hibiscus, Honeysuckle,
    Hydrangea, Indian Hawthorn, Japanese/Southern Yaw, Ligustrum, Lilac, Mock
    Orange, Oleander, Pittosporum, Primrose, Privet, Purple Sand Cherry, Pyracantha,
    Rhododendron, Rose, Spirea and Viburnum. Apply 2 fl. oz. (4 tablespoons) Ele-Max®
    TURF NECTAR™ AC per 1 gallon of water or 1.5 gallons Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™
    AC per 100 gallons of water. CAUTION: DO NOT apply to flower buds or blossoms.
    DO NOT apply to ornamentals that are under drought or moisture stress.
    HERBACEOUS PLANTS:
    Hardy Aster, Alyssum, Canna, Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Coleus, Dahlia, Daylily,
    Dieffenbachia, Fern, Geranium, Gladiolus, Honeysuckle, Hosta, Iris, Larkspur,
    Marigold, Nasturtium, Ornamental Cabbage, Pampasgrass, Petunia, Portulaca (Moss
    Rose), Salvia, Sweet Pea, Verbena and Zinnia. Apply 2 teaspoons Ele-Max® TURF
    NECTAR™ AC per 1 gallon of water or 1 quart Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per
    100 gallons of water. CAUTION: DO NOT apply to flower buds or blossoms. DO
    NOT apply to ornamentals that are under drought or moisture stress.
    TREES:
    Catalpa, Chinese Arborvitae, Flowering Crabapple, Cyrpess, Dogwood, Elm
    (American, Chinese), Ginkgo, Italian Cypress, Hickory, Juniper, Locust
    (Common/Black, Honey), Lombardy Poplar, Magnolia, Maple (Hard/Sugar, Silver),
    Mimosa, Mulberry, Pin Oak, Pine (Mountain/Mugo, Australian/Norfolk Island, White),
    Russian Olive, Spruce, Sweet Gum and Sycamore. Apply 1.25 fl. oz. (2.5
    tablespoons) Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per 1 gallon of water or 1 gallon Ele-
    Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC per 100 gallons of water. CAUTION: DO NOT apply to
    flower buds or blossoms. DO NOT apply to ornamentals that are under drought or
    moisture stress.
    MIXING: In any mixing operation, Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC should be
    introduced in the following sequence:
    1. Water
    2. Ele-Max® TURF NECTAR™ AC
    3. Other Fertilizers or Pesticides
    In mixtures where a compatibility agent is suggested, a product such as BUFFER P.S.
    is recommended.
    Local climatic conditions, infestations and other factors affect the performance of any
    insecticide, fungicide and nutritional spray. Therefore, for specific use, consult

2. ant

uppppppppppppppppppppp

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i use helena and have never been offered this product to use, but i like their stuff so it cant be bad, it is on price and ease of use then

4. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

I used to rep for Helena at one point, so I'll just say that the Turf Nectar is almost identical to Ferromec from PBI or Lesco 12-0-0 chelated iron and you'll find plenty of satisfied users of either of those products.

If the price works for you, then go for it.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I would use the product just because it is liquid--flowable!
    The problem for me getting this stuff locally at our Helena facilities is that it isn't agriculture products. So, for me to get it, I would have to purchase a pallet of this stuff to make their order minimum and carry a lawn label--which it does. I don't need a whole darn pallet of anything from then yet.

6. grassman177

ferromec was pretty good, but could burn easily , and makes it grow pretty good.

7. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

I use a similar product from agrium, called feature 15-0-0. Very affordable, nearly immediate results. I use it on ballfields overseeded with ryegrass in the spring and bermuda football fields in the fall.

8. grassman177

i have used feature before too, same thing. i dont like the imediate results of fertilizers, i get tip burn usually from those kind of products. they do work well though for lawns needing that umph

9. ant

thank you for your replies. i tried it last night on my lawn. did 3 oz. per 1000 sf. because of the heat.. see how it turns out and how long it lasts..

10. grassman177

please give the results, and thanks for sharing. i know that when i used feature it did not last very long, and now i use a liquid CRN from helena now and it is much better, but also not cheap at all.