1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 11, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

those "helicopter" things are falling, they are everywhere. who takes the time to clean them up? how much extra do u charge? does the client complain about the additional fee?
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It'll be a couple more weeks before they start falling here I blow them off of hard surfaces only, no extra charge.
  3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

absolutely. i charge $3725.17 per minute, only use electric equipment to save on fuel, and then drop the customer for taking 2.1 seconds too long opening his wallet. time is money after all.
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

oh yeah, then i hit his dog with a shovel while walking back to the truck.:weightlifter:
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If clients want em cleaned up, then its a cleanup, priced and estimated seperatly.
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

God put them there, and God will take them away.:laugh: :laugh:
  7. I don't bother with the whirleybirds. But had something similar this morning. Big windstorm last night blew a lot of trash from DHL's parking lot onto my client's grounds. I looked around and decided that cleanup is going "on the clock". I have a labor rate charge for extras. It's printed on my bill. If it's significant I bill for it.
    It seems if you notify customers in advance like my little statement on the bill they accept it without question.
  8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont bother, if the customer wants me to blow their beds out and then suck them up with the catcher no problem but itll cost ya....

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Personally I think you should have addressed this issue when you went on the estimate. If you saw large MAPLE trees on the property, then you should have known and remembered about the helicopters. You could have found out at the time of the estimate how or if they wanted their helicopters cleaned up.
  10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What they dont have helicoptors pads in NJ??? J/K