1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Edward Hunter Yard Works, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Edward Hunter Yard Works

Edward Hunter Yard Works LawnSite Member

I have been a member for just over a year, but never posted much, as the work was really bad here. Finding jobs has been hard the past year and a half due to the economy and the low-ballers. However, our work has really been picking up really fast for one off jobs and the seasonal contracts are coming in as well as fast as we can take the calls! It is only me and my brother running the business side and doing the work. We have been working this way for the past year and it was really slow, but, the business is picking up really fast! So much so, that we have bought another truck, trailer, another 48" walk-behind, 1 more echo string trimmers and another Stihl backpack blower. I have hired my son into our venture at $8.50 per hour, and my brother has hired a helper for his team at $9.00 per hour.
    We are starting to grow in more ways than one! :weightlifter::clapping:
    If you are going to go into the landscaping/lawn mowing business, it is going to hurt for the first couple of years. And can cost you some serious money, but, it pays off in the end. :cool2: Depending on how much you put into it.

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome man, ya it definitely pays off, the more you invest in it, the more it pays off imo.