Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Creter, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

I got lucky with Google for this site I'll tell you. I've been reading a lot of posts and it seems to me that everybody on here is good natured and is willing to chip in with advice and whatnot.

Being lucky, in that as just getting started with landscaping, it's good to know there's a place to come to for those what if and what the heck questions. I grew up landscaping with my Uncle for his business and learned from one of the best. Yet, it's been years since I've dealt with landscaping due to going to college and then becoming a carpenter and doing that thing for awhile. So landscaping is my first love, if you will, and I'm glad it's coming back to me.

I grew up at a time when my Uncle had several large commercial maintenance contracts and learned through him what service really means to a customer. In fact I actually started my own construction business this spring and through lack of commitment of others, I have been pulled into the landscaping world once again. And as you all are full aware, once somebody likes your work, then somebody else will be calling.

So hopefully you guys won't mind me chiming in from time to time and will have patience with some of my questions. Again, glad I found yas!

:waving: :usflag:

My equipment:
    2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
    Bow rake
    Hoe
    Wheelbarrow
    Hand pruners
    Long handle flat shovel
    Broom

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello and good luck with your business.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome, Glad you found us

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Welcome! You sound intelligent, you should do fine.

5. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site - hope your business gets up and going quickly - your prior experience is definitely a plus.