Hello everyone :)

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Bitter, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Bitter

Bitter LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I'm new here and just thought that i would say Hi :)

I'm 20 and have been working with small engines since i was about 16 or 17. I placed 7th in my region for small engine repair and then placed 14th in state.

I know my way around engines and mowers pretty well but what drew me here was the fact that I have finally found a place to ask questions at! I have an older Snapper mower, the rear wheel disk drive type with a 3.5HP B&S motor, my "Franken Mower" which is a 5HP Tecumseh that was transplanted onto a new deck after the decks original motor grenaded. The Franken Mower has some light work done to it. I removed the lip from the cylinder head to raise compression, opened the muffler a little bit, port matched the airfilter adapotor to the diameter of the carb, removed the plastic decoration from the top of the mower, and honed the intake elbow and intake port. The motor sounds like a little harley now :cool:

I welcome any questions that anyone has and will try my best to answer them.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Bitter,Welcome to LawnSite and enjoy your stay. You will find a great deal of info and knowledge here. Once again welcome and enjoy.

Rob

3. Bitter

Bitter LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

:) Thankyou very much for the warm welcome

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Welcome Bitter, But I have to ask, how'd you come up with such a screen name? :)

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yes, if you don't mind i'll echo what dvm asked. Your SN is rather unique.

And your welcome Bitter.

6. Bitter

Bitter LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

Well its the same name I use on www.club3g.com, www.rollaclub.com, and a couple of other sites. It's easy to keep track of that way :p

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Welcome Bitter, and be sure to check out the mechanics and repair forum also. Sounds like you will be a real asset here. Thanks for taking the time to let us know a little bit about yourself.