1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sunriselandscaping, Jan 23, 2006.

1. sunriselandscaping

sunriselandscaping LawnSite Member

Found this site yesterday while surfing around on google so i thought i would post a message and say hello.

I run my own Landscaping company in the UK, We are called Sunrise Landscaping We have been operating for about 6 months now and I have 2 crews 3 men per crew working on comercial sites such as supermarkets, petrol stations, industrial sites, and retail parks and various other sites.

I really like this site lots of usfull information and advice I have been reading the content on here for ages very good.

Does anyone know where I can get a website build for my company thats onething I lack is a good website I have been quoted $600 which to me is a little to high.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site Sunrise!There is a forum in here on websites,,try that
  3. sunriselandscaping

thanks mate ill have a gander
  4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome Sunrise. I have learned a ton from this site. This is the place you want to be. Take time and familiarize yourself with the site. Also, the search feature is great. You can get questions answered from the thousands of archived threads.

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Welcome to LS Sunrise.
  6. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

7. sunriselandscaping

i got a template from that gopher site. i think i would piddle around with it and see what it looks like. that gopher site is excellent
  8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

the uk is one of those places ive always dreamed of visiting...

and the accent drives me wild, love a lady with the english accent... wait we have the accent dont we.... sorry...:drinkup:
  9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome Sunrise, I used homestead to build my site. It's free software and anybody can do it. www.homestead.com . I get compliments on my site every day!!
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You can build a site yourself. Its not as hard as you might think. You can download a free trial of Dreamweaver 8. They have templates you can use and when the trail runs out you can use Nvu which is free. It just has no templates. I know someone that uses Yahoo Business for theirs and it gives you most of the tools you need apparently but I think that may be more than you are looking for. You can generally find someone at a university that does sites for extra cash. Do you have your own server or are you looking for a hosting company?