1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by deerbutcher, Apr 22, 2006.

1. deerbutcher

deerbutcher LawnSite Member

My name is Ken Blanchard and I'm just getting started in lawn care on my own this spring. I'm a third generation butcher(for 26 years), but these days I just process deer during hunting season, which gives me lots of free time in the spring and summer. I've worked for a pool company, butcher for a small grocery store, cut grass for a friend's lawn care company, and sat with my kids in summers past. Now my kids are in school and I really have lots of extra time so I decided to start a small lawn care service. I purchased a JD 717a, JD trimmer, and a JD blower to get started( I already have a decent push mower).

At my deer processing shop I debone or cut deer, make ground meat or sausage(fresh or smoked), make jerky, and deer tamales. Last hunting season I processed over 1000 deer.

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to the industry and lawnsite. wow 1000 deer is a lot. and u bought john deere to lol sorry bad joke.:rolleyes:

3. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

1000 deer, thats really sad, i think they should make hunting illegal...the dear are already getting killed by thousands of cars , and there habitat has already been destroyed by over population. i think we have done enough damage.

4. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

well you are on the right track..you have purchased nice equipment

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

you live in one of the largest fishing areas in the country and you're a tree hugger? over population has a remedy - hunting. go move to la with the rest of the morons...:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

lol, welcome to the site, nice sounds equipment youve got there