Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NewGuy, Feb 6, 2001.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy LawnSite Member
    from LA

I've been reading the forum for a while & just became a memeber. I will try and not bug anyone with redundant questions that I'm sure everyone has answered before.

I have been contemplating lawncare part-time for the last few years & decided to take the plunge two weeks ago. Hope I don't overload my butt as I already have a full time job.

Have learned much already from you guys here the last few weeks as ya'll are a wealth of information.

I see that two posters live somewhat close to me...those being Moonarrow & MidSouth.

Ya'll all keep teaching...I'm listening,

NewGuy

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Welcome aboard NewGuy. I met Moonarrow last November and he is a top notch guy. You can learn a lot by just reading the old posts here on Lawnsite. Enjoy

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful, you can get yourself overloaded very quickly. Very good place to be in though. Good luck

4. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Hey newguy, are you in the ouachita parish area, if so what areas do you work in? my e-mail is jetblast1100@cs.com. Get in touch.

5. smithf36

smithf36 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

If you're just getting started, you're definately in the right place for tons of valuable information. I wish I would have found this forum before I started. I would have saved thousands of $$$$$ from the old fashion trial and error methods. Good Luck!!!
    Joe

6. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

welcome to the forum New Guy, where are you at, this is a great place to spend your spare time and learn a lot, wish I had found it before I started, If there is anything I can help you with just contact me. My email address is on my profile, and you can usually catch me on aol instant messenger almost night, screen name moonarrow1, or msn messenger screen name Dale Robins. good luck in your new business

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

You getting a warm welcome.First time i
    posted I mentioned that I once
    had a Marty J mower.Its not well known brand.
    One of thefellas said he thought marty
    j must o hit me upside my head.lol
    IF YOU ARE NEW SERVICE YOU CAN LEARN MUCH.
    IF YOU ARE OLD YOU CAN LEARM MORE.

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Its definitely tru that there wont be a day go by that you wont learn something new. There are a pretty good bunch of here. I have found them to be very helpful and more than entertaining to say the least.

Welcome aboard.
    Kris

9. NewGuy

NewGuy LawnSite Member
    from LA

Thanks everbody. It's good to know I have a place to go to for answers where there isn't a salesman trying to line his pockets by giving me his advice.

To Moonarrow & MidSouth. I live in Lincoln Parish, My bread & butter job takes me all over north LA so I will honk & wave if I see ya'll runnin around. Been warmer last few days (& geting a little greener too) so we should be revving up soon.

10. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Welcome NewGuy! I'm out on the Northeast coast where it's about 20 deg. and snowy, so don't give me that weather report from LA! You have a heat wave out there and you don't even know it!LOL
    Aren't you gonna want to lose that screen name after a certain # of post? Just wondering.

Chris