HELLO FERRIS...are you out there...HELLO?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Nov 18, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

While i'm an exmark owner I need a new w/b for some tough properties I have and Ferris has caught my eye. Some of you have said customer support is not what it needs to be...so that sticks in my mind. 5 days ago I sent them an email asking them to call or write back as to why I should buy their mower over another brand. No reply thus far...if you're out there Ferris rep how about emailing me....

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

They were bought by simplicity. Maybe you should contact them.

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I found out a few years that you can jack around on the internet all day, or you can call and talk to someone and get info in 15 min. I would call a dealer.

Mark

4. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Ferris Z demo for a few days. Not the IS series but their smaller Z. Compareable to the Lazer Hp. The deck cut nice, and it was built like a tank. A very good machine in my opinion. My only issue was that the dealer did no service work. Only sold the machine. He was also 65 miles from my home.

I would buy one if the price was right.....

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

frankly I dont find dealers to be helpful about what machines work well under different conditions....

I have called Simplicity(twice) so we'll see if they call back....this keeps up and there will be another Examark in the trailer

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Demo eXmark and Hustler w/b's. My bet is you will like both of them, maybe one better than the other. Especially because of the terrain issues you have. Both will stand behind their equipment.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Good call Hoss. The fact that both those mfgs are hear on LS and check frequently their messages give us easy access( :D ). This point alone should narrow down your choices signifigantly.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Gary,

Call 800-942-2326 ask to speak with Ben Rymon at CADCO (Congdon Distributing Company). They are a large Ferris Distributor here in NJ.

President (Tim Congdon) and I are high school friends. We mow the grounds at the facility and also the President's residence. Ben Rymon is brother to my Ferris dealer (Bill Rymon) at Frank Rymon & Sons.

Mention my name (hope they don't hang up). LOL...just kiddin.

And if I have to, I will come out to Harrisburg and personally tell ya why Ferris WBs rule. Nuff said.

9. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

a phone call is a lot more effeicent, even the dealers on LS take for ever. i wont name names but it took over a month to get info emailed to me.

10. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Don't buy a Ferris. Look up my posts on Ferrris quality and service.