Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mikey.D, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Mikey.D

Mikey.D LawnSite Member

Hi Guys...michael here from australia. Moved here from the uk 13 years ago and been mowing lawns ever since. Been running HONDA self propelled for some years but now ready to up it a gear and get a ztr. Nearly everything good around here is made in USA so I've been mining your site for info. I think I'm pretty close to buying a Gravely 34 compact pro to bridge the gap to larger properties.

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Greetings and Welcome from the Sunshine State. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!.
    easy-lift guy

3. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

From things I've seem on the internet it appears that the Compact Pro mowers are really popular over seas. I'm not too sure what size yards you're mostly dealing with but I know in my case I'm really glad I went with the Proturn 148. It cuts faster but the much wider tires don't rut either. The 34 has problems with rutting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

For some advice and opinions on the ZTRs you are considering purchasing, you might want to start a new thread in the "Commercial & Residential Lawn Mowing Equipment" forum http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=285

5. Mikey.D

Mikey.D LawnSite Member

6. Hello! Mikey.
    I find it really great to have people like you in this industry. I am from Jims Mowing, Brisbane Unit and providing lawn mowing services. Even believe in helping people for DIY process. But at last new to the forum and less experienced as compared to you man.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013